Exodus: Video Sketch and Movie Posters






Over the past 4 weeks, I've been in the process of filming and reflecting on video organization. So far, I've made movie posters which I think has helped me begin to see how I can combine my poetry with visuals. I also spent a weekend in Door County collecting footage. Since I haven't been on campus, I've been using my time to make video sketches on iMovie to begin to play with how my different footage snippets might come into more of a cohesive body in a video. I want to play around with video organization first, trying to create different visual narratives for each original poem I plan on using. Then I want to begin to think about integration of my recitation and where I can take pauses and breaks in each of my poems over the video. I think the challenge will be to coordinate the audial and visual experience to maintain the poems' rhythms while also enhancing them.

Comments

Popular Posts