Project Update: Fog Horn Audio

Recently, I have accepted the fact that my project is likely going to be more of a trailer for my intended longer project. No matter what, it is going to be shorter because I am realizing how extensive and time consuming all the different parts of working on a video project are. So I have tried to focus more on recording the audio for my poems so that I have a variety of samples to pull from in my final project. This has entailed thinking not only about the reading of the poem but also the sonic landscape that these poems should be in.

One of my poems I want to incorporate is about my dad's love of nautical things and his collection of antique artifacts. He showed me an audio file of a noisy lake with a fog horn interrupting every now and then. I thought it was sort of a perfect sound scape for a poem because it is almost like white noise but has subtle sounds with meaning. The random fog horn noise is unexpected but helps create a rest from the rhythm of the poem. I have begun playing with reading my poem over this audio.



Moving forward, I am going to try to continue modifying the audio and my reading until I think the tempo and flow work best. Then I will play with adding the visuals.



Comments

Popular Posts