Antlers and Intro

The most profound thing I have found working on my project so far is how subtle considering video has to be. I've always enjoyed the subtly that can be found and harnessed in poetry, the ocean of meaning in just one word or turn of phrase. But it has been fascinating trying to implement this same subtly visually in video. I want to mirror my poetic considerations of word choice, imagery, rhyme, and rhythm with visual considerations of images, color scheme, literal visual perspective, and visual rhythm. It has been really interesting experiencing how such minute impacts in the editing process can have immense meaning in the final product. I have been working on integrating my voiceovers of my poem, "Antlers" into visual landscapes. "Antlers" is about the eeriness of the concept of hunting I have grown up with in Door County. I am trying to do my best to give each word or thought its stage, if even for a second, and this has taken a lot of focus in image selection and incorporation. This is just a rough draft for a section of the poem which was edited in iMovie because I've been on the road a lot recently. I am going to consider using Premier in the future for better quality.

Here is an intro concept for the film project I have also been working on. The song is "Summertime" by Ella Fitzgerald. I want the intro to be a little sneak peak of the themes found in the poems I envision including in the final project: family, nostalgia, personal relics, and the unique micro culture of a local road and town (nauticality, hunting, and local history).


Comments

Popular Posts